Actuarial Staff Analyst
New Century Health is leading transformative change in specialty care management. By combining medical management expertise with a deep understanding of healthcare informatics, physician management and healthcare technology systems development, we generate insights that drive leading edge and effective innovation. What does this mean to you? It means that when you join us, you will be a key contributor to one the fastest growing healthcare services in the National Oncology and Cardiology care management space today. With your knowledge, skills and abilities, you will impact the delivery of care and directly contribute to our ability to positively impact and meet the critical unmet needs of patients suffering from all types of cancer.
We support our employees with an outstanding benefit package that features programs like employee paid medical benefits, 100% match on your 401k contribution up to 4% of your base salary, generous tuition reimbursement, as well as above average paid time off. If you are interested in working with some of the most dedicated, passionate and smartest people on the planet, express your interest in speaking with us and we will respond immediately.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE:
The Actuarial Staff Analyst will apply a broad range of methods to claims, utilization management, and other healthcare data to answer a wide range of questions from cost-effectiveness of specific interventions to actuarial issues about proposed new business models. This role will work closely with other team members to design and refine analyses, interpret results, and present those results to both internal audiences and NCH and customers. The Actuarial Staff Analyst will also maintain reference data used in the Clinical Analytics department, such as code-description crosswalks. In addition, the Actuarial Staff Analyst will be expected to function as a departmental resource for report application development and will work within a life cycle framework for analytics project that includes version control and documentation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Analytical thinker; proficient problem-solving skills.
- Proficient understanding of visualization techniques with full comprehension from end-users
- Strong data analysis skills including regression, life tables, hazard analysis.
- Strong technical skills using tools like R and Python.
- Ability to manage tasks/projects with moderate complexity.
- Professional speaking abilities; able to articulate thoughts with both business & technical audiences
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, or related field (required)
- 0-3 years’ experience in performing rigorous analysis with longitudinal data (required)
- 0-3 years’ experience with programming modern data analysis tools Python/Pandas and R (required)
- Experience with SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle and/or other database management systems (preferred)
- Adequate training in modern data science tools and methods (preferred)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1140