Client Services Coordinator
New Century Health is leading transformative change in specialty care management. By combining medical management expertise with a deep understanding of healthcare informatics, physician management and healthcare technology systems development, we generate insights that drive leading edge and effective innovation. What does this mean to you? It means that when you join us, you will be a key contributor to one the fastest growing healthcare services in the National Oncology and Cardiology care management space today. With your knowledge, skills and abilities, you will impact the delivery of care and directly contribute to our ability to positively impact and meet the critical unmet needs of patients suffering from all types of cancer.
We support our employees with an outstanding benefit package that features programs like employee paid medical benefits, 100% match on your 401k contribution up to 4% of your base salary, generous tuition reimbursement, as well as above average paid time off. If you are interested in working with some of the most dedicated, passionate and smartest people on the planet, express your interest in speaking with us and we will respond immediately.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE:
The Client Services Coordinator is responsible for processing medical treatment requests in accordance with departmental policies, regulatory requirements, and client contractual agreements. Along with providing exceptional customer service, this role is held accountable to performance metrics to ensure service level agreements are met. This role routinely contacts the physician’s offices, Health Plans or patients to complete medical treatment requests. Answers, resolves or escalates incoming telephone, fax, and email inquiries regarding authorization request status, office referrals, eligibility, and general inquiries.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills and professional telephone etiquette
- Ability to balance workload and prioritize assignments
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Team oriented, demonstrates a strong work ethic and committed to productivity
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- A high school diploma or GED (required)
- College degree OR practical job experience (required)
- Relevant health care experience, call center, or prior authorization experience (preferred)
- Graduate of an accredited pharmacy technician program (preferred)
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to sit for the majority of shift
- Frequent typing, viewing computer monitor, and use of telephone
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently with patients and providers