Compliance Specialist I
New Century Health is leading transformative change in specialty care management. By combining medical management expertise with a deep understanding of healthcare informatics, physician management and healthcare technology systems development, we generate insights that drive leading edge and effective innovation. What does this mean to you? It means that when you join us, you will be a key contributor to one the fastest growing healthcare services in the National Oncology and Cardiology care management space today. With your knowledge, skills and abilities, you will impact the delivery of care and directly contribute to our ability to positively impact and meet the critical unmet needs of patients suffering from all types of cancer.
We support our employees with an outstanding benefit package that features programs like employee paid medical benefits, 100% match on your 401k contribution up to 4% of your base salary, generous tuition reimbursement, as well as above average paid time off. If you are interested in working with some of the most dedicated, passionate and smartest people on the planet, express your interest in speaking with us and we will respond immediately.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE:
The position is responsible for providing support to ensure that New Century Health Operations adhere to the federal and state regulatory requirements for delegated health care activities. This position serves as a Compliance resource for day-to-day processes; Analyzes and determines the best course of action for resolving inquiries & investigations; Assists in development and updates of Compliance policies in partnership with key stakeholders; Conducts periodic assessment and audits to ensure compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements and timeliness of submission to the NCH Compliance Officer for appropriate oversight. Assists in the development and implementation of compliance measures corresponding to industry standards; Prepares clear and concise reporting to educate employees on best practices and adherence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Moderate knowledge of federal and state laws & industry regulatory requirements in healthcare
- Sound decision making & consistently exercises good judgment
- Attention to detail
- Effective communicator: both written and solid presentation & facilitation skills
- Ability to operate in both highly autonomous and collaborative environments
- Ability to investigate complaints and demonstrate assertiveness
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the healthcare industry (required)
- OR --- Combination of education and experience totaling 4 years (i.e., Associates Degree 2 years)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint (required)