Director Process Improvement
New Century Health is leading transformative change in specialty care management. By combining medical management expertise with a deep understanding of healthcare informatics, physician management and healthcare technology systems development, we generate insights that drive leading edge and effective innovation. What does this mean to you? It means that when you join us, you will be a key contributor to one the fastest growing healthcare services in the National Oncology and Cardiology care management space today. With your knowledge, skills and abilities, you will impact the delivery of care and directly contribute to our ability to positively impact and meet the critical unmet needs of patients suffering from all types of cancer.
We support our employees with an outstanding benefit package that features programs like employee paid medical benefits, 100% match on your 401k contribution up to 4% of your base salary, generous tuition reimbursement, as well as above average paid time off. If you are interested in working with some of the most dedicated, passionate and smartest people on the planet, express your interest in speaking with us and we will respond immediately.
The Process Improvement Leader exists to primarily own operational processes and continually drive innovation and improvements in efficiency, service and quality through optimization of process, technology solutions and/or organizational design that result in meeting or exceeding the operational key metrics/goals. This role also will drive operational benchmarking and external comparisons to insure the operations are in alignment with the marketplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and own operational process level KPI’s for the key value streams in clinical operations.
- Utilize Six Sigma, or LEAN improvement methodologies to conduct end-to-end operational process reviews and drive improvements to gain operational efficiency.
- Benchmark operational process against external market and determine best solution for NCH. Conduct statistical analysis to support operational improvement efforts.
- Oversee process reviews, conduct meetings, solution new design, act as a functional architect, and provide assessments operational impacts (financial, service, quality, etc.)
- Reengineer operational processes to support new products, services, technologies, etc.
- Lead team focused on improvement effort and influence outcomes without direct authority.
- Review and approve IT solutions for long term appropriateness on impacted processes.
- Develop and maintain overall implementation project plans, schedules, resource plans priorities and dependencies for business project efforts.
- Provide reports to management and internal partners to explain business project status, issues, risks and timeline, and any changes to original plans.
- Serve as a mentor, trainer, coach, and functional architect in support of process excellence using process improvement methodologies.
- Builds relationships within operational and technology leaders for achievement of common goals related to process improvements.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Six Sigma Green belt or higher,
- 10 or more years of experience in process improvement, technical or business architecture, or healthcare operations
- Excellent communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills and technical acumen as a functional architect
- Highly developed sense of logic and financial acumen to develop business case
- Post graduate degree (Preferred)
- Experience at other health insurance companies or within the healthcare industry (Preferred)