New Century Health is leading transformative change in specialty care management. By combining medical management expertise with a deep understanding of healthcare informatics, physician management and healthcare technology systems development, we generate insights that drive leading edge and effective innovation. What does this mean to you? It means that when you join us, you will be a key contributor to one the fastest growing healthcare services in the National Oncology and Cardiology care management space today. With your knowledge, skills and abilities, you will impact the delivery of care and directly contribute to our ability to positively impact and meet the critical unmet needs of patients suffering from all types of cancer.
This role is designed to provide a college student with valuable professional experiences involving Accounting and Finance projects and initiatives so the individual can gain relevant work experience while applying the learnings from University instruction. The intern will directly assist and perform work under the guidance of the Controller and Accounting Supervisor. This role will work on projects that may include the implementation of account reconciliation tools, roll out of purchasing card program and other finance projects to help support the department and company mission of providing improved patient care at more affordable costs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Organized and ability to meet project deadlines
- Analytical; conducts effective analyses; identifies opportunities & makes sound recommendations
- Works collaboratively and effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong ability to communicate effectively
- Maintains confidentiality and builds trust quickly
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Currently a student at an accredited four-year College or University
- Business Management/Accounting major, with at least Intermediate Accounting classes completed.
- Microsoft Office (strong skills with PowerPoint, Excel)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Specific vision abilities, including close vision, operate computer screen for extending periods of time
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently