New Century Health is leading transformative change in specialty care management. By combining medical management expertise with a deep understanding of healthcare informatics, physician management and healthcare technology systems development, we generate insights that drive leading edge and effective innovation. What does this mean to you? It means that when you join us, you will be a key contributor to one the fastest growing healthcare services in the National Oncology and Cardiology care management space today. With your knowledge, skills and abilities, you will impact the delivery of care and directly contribute to our ability to positively impact and meet the critical unmet needs of patients suffering from all types of cancer.
The Pharmacy Intern is responsible for assisting the job duties and responsibilities of the pharmacist in clinical activities and projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Functions well in a team atmosphere
- Knowledge of clinical medicine, outcomes research, disease management, and clinical/translational research
- Working knowledge of treatment guidelines, and clinical research processes
- An innovative thinker with the ability to organize, prioritize, and maintain high quality work output in a high paced dynamic environment
- Advanced writing skills as well as the ability to communicate complex material in presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must be a licensed intern in the State of California or state where pharmacy school is located (required)
- Strong Microsoft office skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (required)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- May be required to stare at computer screens for extended periods of time