Software Engineer - Clinical Systems
New Century Health is leading transformative change in specialty care management. By combining medical management expertise with a deep understanding of healthcare informatics, physician management and healthcare technology systems development, we generate insights that drive leading edge and effective innovation. What does this mean to you? It means that when you join us, you will be a key contributor to one the fastest growing healthcare services in the National Oncology and Cardiology care management space today. With your knowledge, skills and abilities, you will impact the delivery of care and directly contribute to our ability to positively impact and meet the critical unmet needs of patients suffering from all types of cancer.
We support our employees with an outstanding benefit package that features programs like employee paid medical benefits, 100% match on your 401k contribution up to 4% of your base salary, generous tuition reimbursement, as well as above average paid time off. If you are interested in working with some of the most dedicated, passionate and smartest people on the planet, express your interest in speaking with us and we will respond immediately.
Responsible for executing on planning, analyzing, designing, and the implementation of new or existing systems to support company business processes and decision-making activities. Actively leads the work effort for the focus area and manages the output quality of the deliverables. The position is accountable for creating and maintaining system data related to medical authorizations, drug specific information, performing system data changes, creating sample transaction data for non-production systems, participate in system/application requirement review and solution processes and assist in gathering and maintaining data for production and non-production environments. Develops and maintains application programming standards; develops system operations standards and procedure documentation. Assists management with work planning activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on quality and accuracy
- Analytical; conducts effective analyses; identifies opportunities & makes sound recommendations
- Works collaboratively and effectively with key stakeholders
- Strong ability to proactively problem solve in a continuously changing environment
- Ability to summarize technical issues and communicate effectively to non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of modern principles of program application and design
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or other-related field (required)
- Minimum 6 years of experience in programming, data processing and software experience (required)
- Comprehensive understanding of program design and analysis (required)
- Experience with SQL, SSIS, SSRS (required)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Specific vision abilities, including close vision, operate computer screen for extending periods of time
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently