Sr. Analyst - Medical Economics
New Century Health is leading transformative change in specialty care management. By combining medical management expertise with a deep understanding of healthcare informatics, physician management and healthcare technology systems development, we generate insights that drive leading edge and effective innovation. What does this mean to you? It means that when you join us, you will be a key contributor to one the fastest growing healthcare services in the National Oncology and Cardiology care management space today. With your knowledge, skills and abilities, you will impact the delivery of care and directly contribute to our ability to positively impact and meet the critical unmet needs of patients suffering from all types of cancer.
We support our employees with an outstanding benefit package that features programs like employee paid medical benefits, 100% match on your 401k contribution up to 4% of your base salary, generous tuition reimbursement, as well as above average paid time off. If you are interested in working with some of the most dedicated, passionate and smartest people on the planet, express your interest in speaking with us and we will respond immediately.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE:
The Senior Analyst utilizes and develops analytic tools to solve complex business challenges as well as support decision making that can have a considerable impact on the organization and patient health. This role manages a team of analysts and supports Sales function by developing pricing proposals for new and existing contracts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Analyze both internal and external data sets for client pricing, medical cost management, operational reporting, and general financial analysis.
- Forecast costs, investigate utilization trends, and create financial models using claims and other healthcare data.
- Develop descriptive and multivariate analytic algorithms, statistical models, and other innovative approaches to investigate problems, detect patterns, and recommend solutions.
- Use programming skills to explore, examine and interpret large volumes of data in various forms to complete deliverables.
- Consult with, mentor, and lead junior data analysts with proper documentation, programming, analyses, and data visualizations.
- Collaborates with peers and other teams to gather requirements and develop action plans to complete time sensitive projects more efficiently/effectively as well as identify opportunities for improving the reliability and validity of analytic reports.
- Communicate technical concepts and implications to internal/external business customers.
- Analyze prospective and current client utilization data to identify utilization trends, calculate cost of healthcare and identify opportunities for New Century Health to add value to customers.
- Collaborate with internal/external business customers to understand their problems and goals, solve business questions, and help them to achieve goals by performing statistical analysis, developing analytic models, creating data reports/dashboards using a variety of performance metrics.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university AND Master’s degree in a quantitative field
- Minimum six years in an Analyst role capacity
- 4 years of Healthcare economics experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience (preferred)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Candidate or employee may be required to look, stare, view computer screens
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently with patients and providers
- Ability to travel up to 10%