Supervisor, Intake Services
New Century Health is leading transformative change in specialty care management. By combining medical management expertise with a deep understanding of healthcare informatics, physician management and healthcare technology systems development, we generate insights that drive leading edge and effective innovation. What does this mean to you? It means that when you join us, you will be a key contributor to one the fastest growing healthcare services in the National Oncology and Cardiology care management space today. With your knowledge, skills and abilities, you will impact the delivery of care and directly contribute to our ability to positively impact and meet the critical unmet needs of patients suffering from all types of cancer.
We support our employees with an outstanding benefit package that features programs like employee paid medical benefits, 100% match on your 401k contribution up to 4% of your base salary, generous tuition reimbursement, as well as above average paid time off. If you are interested in working with some of the most dedicated, passionate and smartest people on the planet, express your interest in speaking with us and we will respond immediately.
The Intake Supervisor is responsible for day to day oversight of the Intake Services staff operations by ensuring all activities are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures, creating work-flows, assigning tasks, monitoring productivity of Intake Services staff and addressing issues as needed, reviewing Utilization Management daily performance reports to ensure all service level agreements are met and that regulatory requirements are attained, as well as assists in implementing contractual requirements, new procedures, and resolving operational problems. This individual in this role will be expected to be a Subject Matter Expert in all essential duties and responsibilities of the Intake Coordinator staff, NCH systems, client contractual agreements and Utilization Management policies and procedures as well as have a working knowledge of HR policies and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Team oriented and ability to develop employees
- Effectively solves problems to successful resolution
- Self-motivated, self-directed and responsible with a positive attitude and proactive style
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly variable work environment
- Must have an advanced level of attention to detail and perform consistent work product validation
- Ability to effectively manage conflict and maintain calm demeanor in stressful situations
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in call center environment, healthcare or pharmacy setting (required)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in leadership/supervisory role or relevant demonstrated work experience (required)
- Minimum High School / GED (required_
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) (required)
- Familiarity with medical terminology, insurances and healthcare medical coding system (HCPCS) (preferred)