VP, National Provider Solutions
New Century Health is leading transformative change in specialty care management. By combining medical management expertise with a deep understanding of healthcare informatics, physician management and healthcare technology systems development, we generate insights that drive leading edge and effective innovation. What does this mean to you? It means that when you join us, you will be a key contributor to one the fastest growing healthcare services in the National Oncology and Cardiology care management space today. With your knowledge, skills and abilities, you will impact the delivery of care and directly contribute to our ability to positively impact and meet the critical unmet needs of patients suffering from all types of cancer.
We support our employees with an outstanding benefit package that features programs like employee paid medical benefits, 100% match on your 401k contribution up to 4% of your base salary, generous tuition reimbursement, as well as above average paid time off. If you are interested in working with some of the most dedicated, passionate and smartest people on the planet, express your interest in speaking with us and we will respond immediately.
The Vice President, National Provider Operations will be responsible for managing all activities associated with provider related engagements, including but not limited to NCH and/or client program provider introduction meetings, contracting, implementations, servicing, monitoring and addressing provider performance as well as handling of day to day issues. In addition, actively participates in client strategic initiatives while playing a key role as a subject matter expert/key contact to assigned clients. Responsibilities include building and executing strategic guidance plans, establishing standard meeting schedules, effectively communicating account performance and cultivation of Provider and Client relationships
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops network of partnering Provider groups/practices through strategic approaches in penetrating new markets and in creating innovative incentive plans that motivate practices to fully engage in NCH best practices programs.
- Leads the Provider Solutions teams in national provider expansions to include client introductory meetings and contracting
- Works closely with client counterparts to gather market intelligence and provide strategic leadership on executing expansion.
- Ensures team is on track with scheduled expansion and escalates/calls upon necessary resources to meet deadlines.
- Addresses and resolves issues that impact providers and/or New Century Health.
- Works closely with internal departments in an effort to satisfy provider needs.
- Collaborates with Sr. Vice President of Provider Solutions to ensure issues are resolved timely and in a satisfactory manner.
- Responsible for departmental projects as requested by SVP of Provider Solutions and/or Corporate office.
- Directs and/or manages all activities associated with the network operations team (i.e. provider in-servicing, track provider visits, identify provider trends).
- Works closely with Clinical and Analytic teams in identifying/ analyzing problems and collaborates in bringing solutions.
- Provides guidance to team on development, performance, and productivity issues. Recommends changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Handle phone call escalations.
- Analyze Provider performance results and discusses areas of focus with network providers.
- Maintains positive relationships with New Century Health providers.
- Participates in client’s quarterly account review results and/or client meetings.
- Acts with honor and integrity, serving as a role model for the company.
- Respects and maintains HIPAA confidentiality guidelines.
- Acts as an interdepartmental liaison between all New Century Health offices, departments, and committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 20 years in Healthcare Related experience and 8 plus years’ experience working in operations or client management environments
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and interact professionally and effectively with a broad spectrum of people both internal and external, in person, via email and on the telephone
- Knowledge of health solutions industry and Risk Management
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skill
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop and nurture client relationships
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong negotiations skills
- Ability to travel 50%
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to self-motivate, work independent, cooperative, flexible, creative
- Ability to lead people and get results through others
- Must be able to foster a positive and productive work environment with ability to build consensus